- Download Arduino Integrated Development Environment (IDE) from Arduino.cc
- Install library to Arduino IDE: The instruction is here
Most of main libraries are included with Arduino software. LiquidCrystal_I2C.h is available via GitHub
- Install the driver for USB. For genuine Arduino boards, the serial communication is with FIDI chip and you may don’t need to install the driver. For a generic one, you need to install CH340 driver (GitHub). Linux OS comes with this driver installed.
- Check if you have connected the board correctly by running a blinking LED test
- How to find the MAC address of the DS18B20 digital temperature
Using I2C scanner template in Arduino IDE with the probe plugged in. Each device has a unique MAC address, so you can use as many temperature probes with one shared line (pin #9). DS18B20 uses a one wire I2C, so it is a special case of I2C communication method. Below is one method to find MAC – Media Access Control (“ROM” when you run the procedure below).
Demonstration of wiring a DS18B20 temperature probe with 4.7kΩ pull-up
Uploading a sketch to find the MAC of DS18B20
ROM (MAC) of DS18B20 in Serial Readout